Labels

Monday, March 19, 2012

functionality meets functionality

I love estate sales, especially when I stumble upon them a short 2 blocks from my house. They're similar to garage sales in that people will drive for miles to be the first in line with high hopes of walking away with those few crown jewels while leaving the remainder of junk behind for the stragglers who neglected to set their alarm clocks. In this case though, joke's on those early risers because it was I who walked away with the crown jewel...this rusty old rake which I paid a mere $5 for.
I think the woman running the estate sale was a bit confused by my shopping habits as she curiously watched me stare at this rake for a good 10 minutes. I'm sure she was thinking something like "it's a rake for gosh sakes, it'll either serve it's purpose or not!" Little did she know, I have not a single square footage of yard to rake but instead was dreaming up all the other ways it could be used...obviously!
The thing I love most about this jewelry hanger is that it doesn't take up surface space like some of those other [ugly] ones that sit on your desk or dresser. And I love that something so simple will hang necklaces, bracelets, watches AND rings. 
Would be cute next to a wine rack!
Hanging by an oven?

1 comment:

  1. girlfriend, u r a genius!! I think you should open your own store since you clearly have a good design eye for the recycled/reused/nostalgia/organic/clever style. I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete