Labels

Monday, September 3, 2012

rags to ritches: Alameda is on the map!

Last week I posted about my delightful experience at the Alameda Flea Market. Of all the items I walked by that morning, the below is what I left with: chicken coop nesting floor (or so I was told), light blue aged frame, rusty metal heart and throwback watering can.
 
Quite the misfit group of things but I had a vision...
...An unconventional vanity table + inspiration board (gotta keep it versatile).
The frame alone cost $10 and I got the mirror cut and installed for an additional $18. Theisen Glass gets the job done!

Every time my mom comes to visit, she leaves a note on some mirror in my house. She left this one (above) yesterday. Love you too, Mom.
 
I used two S-hooks to hang both ends of the mirror (below).
I don't know the technical name for them is so I'm just going to say "hook screw", which I screwed into both ends of the back of the mirror in order to establish something for the S-hook to hang from.

I spotted this rusty, old heart upon leaving and let me tell you, it was love at first sight (pun intended). I think I paid $7 for it?
I spray painted the originally gold S-hook with paint I had leftover from a project I did for Mother's Day...decent camouflage?
And as for the watering can...
The lavender wasn't actually tall enough for the height of the watering can so I filled the bottom of the can with loosely crumpled pieces of newspaper. Who reads the Marina Times anyway?
 
The other bouquet is the one that was carried down the isle by the beautifu Mrs. Van Treese. I'm really glad I remembered to dry it...
And to bring it full circle, thanks for being so good to me, Alameda!
 


3 comments: