Labels

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"you're so vain"...the Carly Simon way

So, I stumbled upon this door while browsing the isles of, quite possibly, my most favorite retailer in all of the Bay Area world. Well, slight exaggeration but I love this place so much that I am developing a bit of anxiety over the thought of disclosing the name of such a hidden gem. Athough if you have trouble living out that good ol' idiom "one man's trash is another man's treasure", this place isn't for you because it's literally full of just that...trash. Okay okay, it's called Urban Ore and it's where I go when I'm feeling creative...veeery creative. It takes a lot of creativity to see potential in trash, you know.
I mean come on, muted lime green is so in these days and the length made it simply perfect for acting as that full length mirror my room has been missing.
You can never have enough mirrors, right? Vanity aside, they are great for creating the illusion of space in any room!

Anthropologie door knob ($42)...Me + their home decor = love

Anthropologie Letter Hook ($14). And sometimes I'm all for the whole sanding down and painting over look but in this case I stuck with the aged look...it's a door with character!
<><><><><>
I brought the measurements into Theisen Glass and they cut the mirror right then and there. Service with a smile...they're great!




Instead of charging me the $50 extra for "labor and installation" (whatever that means), Theisen Glass sold me the mirror instal. equipment for $10 and offered thoughtful instruction on doing it myself...super easy and definitely not worth paying somebody else an extra $50!


3 comments:

  1. This door/mirror is AMAZE (to quote Rachel Zoe). I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love the idiom you used as well ;) I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth sullivanMarch 16, 2012 at 9:48 PM

    I am inspired by your creativity.. Keep it up and start selling!!

    ReplyDelete