Labels

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

YIKES STRIPES!

Sooo, about that whole "consistency" plan I mentioned a few posts back...it's been 25 days since my last post which means one thing's been consistent for sure; my ability to consistently slack on posting weekly. Oh well, it's summAtime and that's my excuse :)

I found this beat-up, royal blue piece of junk desk at my most frequently visited retailer, Urban Ore. I have to say, the mere $10 I paid for this thing would've hardly been justifiable had I not seen some potential. I was on the market for something small that I could do something unique to, this being just that something...
I contemplated going all green but thought the paneled wood gave me a great excuse to add some dimension...STRIPES!
The paint colors are a light moss green shade, not sure the name, and a purple pear looking color they call "Teddy Bear"...don't ask.
I found these baskets/drawers at Target- $6.99, or something close to that.
The hardest part about this project was taking these very pictures of the desk in my room. I had to take 'em all at an angle so as to avoid getting my perrrty face in the pictures through the mirror also...much more difficult than you'd think ;)

1 comment:

  1. Successful little project. I like it! While keeping your reflection out of your images does serve a purpose, I don't think anyone would mind if you slipped your "perrrty face" into, say, one photo per post... ;)

    ReplyDelete